Sunday, October 18, 2009

Meeting #13 - 10/14/09

At last week's meeting, we met at Jo's house and watched a bunch of YouTube. But fear not, for we also read each other's stories and gave them probably more attention than they have received the past few weeks, at least from me. I really liked what everyone brought. I'm really glad to see everyone being productive, and our stories are really taking off in exciting directions.

This week, Rachel and I have set a goal to write 1,000 words per day for 35 days. They don't necessarily have to be consecutive days, but... well, that would be nice. So far, I don't think we've done very well. But fear not again! I think this week will see me finishing Chapter 2 of my new draft. Think I can do it?!

So anyway, Rachel made up this cute little chart for putting stickers on, and I think I'd like to have something like that too. Anyone else interested in taking this challenge with us? It can extend into NaNoWriMo if you want, since the daily goal for that is even higher. If you'd like to do this 1,000/35 challenge with us, let us know and we can print you up a little chart or something. Be sure to set a reward for yourself if you complete it. The reward for Rachel and me is a date to Red Robin. Love that place...

Jo has set up an account for us on fictionpress. You can find it here. This will be a great place for us to post our stories (or at least parts of them, if you're concerned about copyrights and whatnot) so members of our group can read through the backlog if they've missed something. If you need the password or other account information, email me at fridgecrisis@gmail.com.

Next meeting is this coming Wednesday at my house at 7 pm. At 6, I'll be doing some free writing, if you'd like to join in. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment